Monday, October 24, 2011

Did I just say this is NORMAL?

France ended up playing New Zealand and lost 9-8. Such a close game to bad I could not watch all of it though. I was playing in a tennis match at the same time! I won my match 6-2 6-3! Which is a very good score if you don't know anything about tennis. Anyways on the same day Michigan State University beat Wisconsin in a super close match, I can't watch the games here so the next day I watched a clip of the last throw. That was a simply amazing pass.
Anyways that was my little sport rant.
So for this whole week and part of next week I am off school! I get a break from school about every 2 months. It is really nice but at the same time everyone I am friends with lives outside of Dinan by atleast a few minutes if not up to an hour away! So I have not really hung out with anyone from school other than Sarah.
Every Friday for the last two hours of the day all the students in the "junior science" class go to this one huge room that would be compared to probably the size of a small gym, we sit down, and take a test while teachers walk around the room. You are not allowed to bring anything but you pencil case. They give you one peice of scrap paper and then your test. I always finish early either because of a lack of knowledge and understanding (because of the language) (some kids write a whole page about one question, I write one or two sentences usually) or sometimes its because its English and I understand perfectly so I can finish super fast. What ever the case I ALWAYS finish early. So with an hour or so to spare I make oragami! I usually take the scrap paper and just start folding it to make something, once I make something I unfold the paper and refold it to try and make something else! It is somewhat productive, I mean I am making use of my resources and learning something? Anyways, everytime I do this it seems as if the teacher has no idea that I am foreign. They always come up to me, look at my test and kind of role their eyes and walk away. For some reason that always makes me giggle.
It is starting to get colder. It is 60 degrees right now! I think here though 60 degrees feels more like 50 or so because it is so humid.
I ate a Danon yougurt today, when I looked at the package I relised it said Danone. At first I was like oh thats different, then I remebered that if they did not have the E on the end everyone would be walking around calling it Dano yougurt. They always drop the last letter of a word. :)
I have begun studying French again using livemocha.com. If you ever need to learn a language its a super good website and they have just about every language you can think of and the best part is it is free!
Sarah and I baked mug cakes! Which I will link her blog so you can read about them if you want :)
Lately life has just been "the norm" for me. Nothing super exciting, I don't think. It is funny to think living in France is just "normal" but it really is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment