Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rotary April Conference

First day: Had to act professional in the morning and got really annoyed by "We are the World" and the Rotary thank you song. At 8 we went to eat at Sonnys. We were so loud, as  most kids usually are, especially after having to act professional all morning. Then to the hotel to hang out until 12:45.

Second day: Outbounds on bus by 7:45, yuck. We went to a youth leadership training thing, the guy teaching the course was kind of weird but whatever. I got to climb rock walls and stuff, to bad we couldn't do the zip line because it was raining. Sonny's at 5 for whatever we wanted to eat, all Italian food of course. Then to the YMCA for a lock in. I hoped to not sleep at all but I ended up falling asleep at 5 in the morning due to the lack of sleep for this whole week and since no one wanted to stay up any longer.



Things I have learned:
1. I love Rotary!
2. How to play chicken
3. swim suit dryers are probably the coolest invention!
4. That I have fears of being an exchange student but everyone does.
5. Don't say a person is from "Institution" When they are from Institute. (They get mad)
6. That only a few Inbounds are going to Grand Rapids! :(
7. You try to pick up the accent of the person your talking to even if it is by accident.
8. Lack of sleep doesn't kill me.

Well I think thats a pretty large list. I guess I will get back to all of my Rotary friends now.
Au revoir,
-Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment