Friday, November 11, 2011

Random things I have done since the last time.

Warning this is going to be a really random list format of things I have done since last talking.

List:
  1. Ate Snail
  2. Ate fish eggs
  3. Ate some amazing chocolate from an artisan in Dinan
  4. Decided to start running since I don't get the chance to play sports as often here
  5. Took a beautiful run on the border of the Rance river. <-- What is the better word for border?
  6. Get graded in gym class. It works so much different here. You actually have to be good!
  7. Made Nutella cookies! Yumm. 4 ingredients. So simple.
  8. Mailed a letter home.
Okay now that is not a lot of stuff but I have been really busy with school. Though I look back at that list and it reminds me how normal life has become here, which is what is suppose to happen. So that is good.

My French is continously improving! Grammer is starting to come to me, I think. Grammer can be really hard and difficult and I choose not to practice it because it is boring.

I got grades back and I actually had a 13/20 in French which is like super good. I think that it is probably down now. I don't think my teacher knew my host dad read through it and fixed the big mistakes the first time. The second time it had to be handed in in class so of course its not going to be as good. :/

Also I thought I was over the phase of sleeping all the time because of language but lately I don't think I am. I am tired a lot. That is okay though because it means I am working my brain really hard right?

It has been something like 2 months and 20 days in France so far and I finally realised that when they said in 3 months you would be able to understand in speak is true. I mean I still have words that I don't understand but if someone says a phrase I know what they are talking or asking. Also I realised I think I hit the talking and understanding thing at more like 2 of being here but I did not really realize it until now.

Next weekend I am going to Paris! I am only going for one day but I am for sure going to bring my camera and update my blog. Now I won't have a lot of free time to see things so I might not even make it to the bigger more famous things but if I don't I will definatly be back in Paris in Febuary for a longer time.

I am also going to an island called Jersey for one day near Christmas for Christmas shopping! Also it is an English speaking Island so that means I will get a day of speaking English in all the shops! After having 3 months of going to stores/buildings and thinking about what you want to say or do ahead of time it will be a nice change. Though there is something that is a confidence builder when you walk into a building to ask questions or buy something in a different language with 0 problems. Yes I have done that many times. I think my next big confidence builder will be trying out public transportation since I am kind of scared of it. Like what if I miss my bus or train? I would have to figure it all out by myself in a foreign land. Something about that seems so awesome and so frightening at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment