Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am afraid.

After living in France for five months I realised how hard it is going to be to leave this country. Of course there are the things that I miss my family, my dog, school. Yet when I return so many things are going to be different. I am not there to witness the changes in my friends and I admit it I am scared. I am scared to see the changes and accept them good or bad. I am scared of how different I will be. When I return, the changes in myself and in others will show themselves and I am terrified.
I also realised today that leaving my friends will be very hard. I did not think that I could become really good friends with people this quickly but I am afraid that I have. I miss my friends from the States but I know I will see them again. In France? I just don't know.
All of this being said, I think I have chosen a date to return! The 19th of June. I know that seems early to my rotary club here but I was already planning to be back for Grand Rapids and probably also the 4th of July. If I come home just a bit earlier, my parents are going on a backpacking trip and be back on my dads week off!


No comments:

Post a Comment