Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Exchange Students wear bracelets.

Exchange Students, the ones I have met anyways, seem to come home with bracelets covering their wrists and ankles. I always wondered if they were the type of people to wear bracelets before exchange or if they were all from the exchange process. What caused them to start wearing them and why do they have so many? Now after going through the process I have also started to wear many bracelets without even realizing it. It all started with one my grandparents bought me to remember them while on exchange, I have not taken it off since the day they gave it to me. The second? A piece of clothing ripped off one of the other exchange students and distributed to the other students. Another bracelet of mine was given to me by my host sister. As you can see I have a memory, an attachment to everyone of them. Each one holds a different story that I am reminded of every time I look at my wrist. My year has slipped right by me and these 10 things I have tied around my wrist are the only things that constantly remind me. They remind me of the memories, of how much I have changed, my friends and how close I am to finished with my exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment