Saturday, August 6, 2011

Visa, Camera, and Rotary

I got back from Chicago last night! I finally got my visa papers into the consulate, after a long wait to get all the papers to me and enough time for me to organize them all. It seemed good I didn't get asked any questions like a lot of other people. It was not like I expected at all. We went into a huge building and as we walked up to the front desk the girl had already assumed we were going to the consulate and then asked us for our IDs. You have to scan a slip of paper to get to the elevators then  you go up to the 37th floor and the whole floor is the consulate. You go left and there is a super pretty view of the city, a tv in French with French subtitles, and a lady behind a desk. She sends you down the hall, you wait in a room for your name to be called you go up to the counter she takes your papers, fingerprints, and photo and your done.
Everything went good in Chicago and it was nice to have 2 days off of work but unfortanatly on the way home the papers that I am suppose to send to my travel agent got spilled on and I am currently trying to dry them out. I don't have the courage to tell my travel agent what happened yet. I am sure it will be okay because thank god they were all copies and no originals, since the consulate took all my originals and passport. I had the only set of originals! Ahh!
Once we got home things got better my Nikon Camera arrived! I spent a lot of money on it because I wanted a really nice camera to take to France. I have been practicing with it all morning and I love it!
In a little bit I am going down the harbor in Escanaba to help out with a Rotary fundraiser at the marina, I am bringing my blazer and a map of where I am going maybe to encourage other kids to go on exchange?! :)
Anyways
Au revoir!
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment